Friday, February 4, 2011

Two Weeks Post Op and I'm Still Draining

The nurse came today and checked me out.  I'm still draining too much to have the drain removed but I guess that's good since the fluid does need to come off.  I really would like to have that thing out so I can start to feel normal again.  I don't have much pain anymore, just a little tenderness in the abdomen.  Last night I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes and wasn't completely worn out. I'm hoping to get out of the house for a little bit tomorrow.  I might have Mom drive me out to the park for a little fresh air if it isn't snowing or raining.  I'm down about 11 pounds since the day of surgery, I had expected more but I think that might have to do with the fluid that is still draining. 

I'm starting to get a little bored here and really missing my animals.  I'd like to go home on Sunday.  Joe seems to think I should probably stay here until the drain is removed, he thinks the pets will wear me out.  I feel like it would be good for me to be there so I can work on getting into a routine.  I could always come back here if it's too much.  Right now my Short Term Disability is approved through April 24th, I have my 1 month follow up visit scheduled for that day.  The nurse will be by once a week until then.  Hopefully she will take out the drain next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment