Thursday, February 24, 2011

Follow up Appointment

I had my first post surgery follow up appointment today and it went well.  So far I have lost exactly 20 pounds since the day of surgery, add the 11 that I lost right before that for a total of 31 pounds!  YAY!  The nausea has passed and I'm rehydrated and eating solid foods now.  Yesterday I had some scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon for breakfast, a little chicken salad and cottage cheese for lunch and a piece of grilled burger with pork and beans for dinner.  I only ate about 1 1/2 ounces of food at each meal but it does fill me up.  Today after the doctors appointment we had lunch at  my favorite place Moes!  I got an Over Achiever with no shell, I think I can make about 4 or 5 meals out of it.

The doctor said now that I'm rehydrated my recovery should move along better.  I will have another scope in a couple weeks to ensure that the stricture hasn't come back.  He also told me I would need a few more weeks off from work to regain my strength.  I think my date to go back will be March 18th so that will have me out for a full 2 months.  I would have liked to go back at 6 weeks but that isn't a realistic expectation at this point considering the set backs I've had.

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed following your progress, and I hope things keep improving for you!

    I tagged you in 7 Facts award. If you want to play along, check it out here:
    http://www.myblogisboring.com/2011/02/tag-im-it.html. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridgett, I am so glad you are doing good and I think you have had a very positive attitide with all the set backs you have had. You are doing great and I am so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete