Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm home and feeling better

Just wanted to make a short post to let every one know that I'm home and feeling pretty well today.  I was released Monday around 4pm, came home to Mom's house and got some uninterrupted rest.  I woke up about every four hours to take a pain pill and empty my drain.  There is a lot of fluid in the drain but the surgeon said to expect that  due the fact that I had quite a bit of bleeding during surgery and much irrigation fluid was used. 

The home health nurse stopped in today at 3pm, she checked to make sure I had all my prescriptions and knew when to take them.  She will have to call my doctor to find out about the blood thinners, there wasn't a prescription called in for them but I'm not supposed to take that until the drain is gone anyway, looks like that could be a while.  She will be back tomorrow to take some blood for testing, they want to make sure my blood counts are stable and/or improving. 

Today I've had cream of wheat, refried beans, and part of a protein shake that I will need to finish before bed.  I don't feel any kind of hunger and it doesn't take much to fill me up.  I've been taking little walks around the house to keep moving.  I have no problem going up and down the steps 5 or 10 minutes is about all I can do before I feel tired. 

I'll update again in the next few days, hopefully I will continue to make good progress.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers and good thoughts.  I think they've really helped and made a difference. 

3 comments:

  1. Bug! So glad you're home. I was a bit worried about you the other day! love and good wishes to you, dear!

    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is going good. Keep us updated. We miss you!

    Mike Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! I can't believe you can go up and down the stairs already! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete